Manufacturing Company Seeks Technical Machine Operator/Line Lead for Noon – 9:00pm Shift
The Technical Machine Operator/Line Lead will be responsible for training and supervising production workers, performing various tasks to set up, operate, monitor, troubleshoot and perform preventive maintenance on assigned machines and making adjustments and/or changes as necessary to maintain quality specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train and supervise production workers.
- Identify and resolve production line problems in a timely manner.
- Optimize production line efficiency by monitoring productivity and quality.
- Effectively operate machines in a safe and responsible manner, ensuring OSHA standards are met.
- Ensures operation of production machinery and mechanical equipment by troubleshooting, identifying, and completing preventive and routine maintenance on motors, pneumatic tools, hydraulics, conveyor systems, etc.
- Strong working knowledge and experience with the disassembly and installation of bearings, motors, gearboxes, and belts.
- Knowledge of, and ability to operate motorized and hand tools and equipment used in maintaining and repairing machines, facilities, buildings, and grounds.
- Package and prepare product for shipping on multiple different assembly lines.
- Weigh product, verifying and adjusting product weight or measurement to meet specifications.
- Keeps area clean, safe, and up to code.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds; ability to sit, stand and /or walk for up to 3 hours at a time in an 8-hour day; ability to frequently grasp, push, pull, bend and climb.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to provide a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of the position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
- Experience with machine operations, maintenance, and repairs/adjustments.
- Experience in training/supervision of employees.
Additional qualifications that are a plus, but are not required, include:
- Experience in agriculture, feed, seed or grain industry.
- Electrical knowledge.
Minimum Requirements for Technical Machine Operator:
- High school diploma or GED required or equivalent skills and experience.
- Previous experience preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles, exposure to dust, and outdoor weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to work in high, precarious places.
The noise generated within the facility is moderate and poses no risk to employee health.
Work Schedule and Compensation:
Schedule is usually Monday through Friday, Noon — 9:00 p.m. with some occasional overtime possibilities.
Starting wage is $17.00+ per hour depending on skills and experience.
The company offers group health insurance (premium partially paid for by the employer), company paid short/long term disability, $50,000 company paid ADD and life insurance; elective dental, accident, cancer and intensive care insurance, as well as a 401k plan. There is also a PTO accrual program in place and 6 paid holidays/year.
About the Company:
D & D Commodities Ltd. is a national company that manufactures the finest premium nutritional products for caged birds, small animals, wild birds, and wildlife. We provide optimum nutrition for all types of pets at prices that offer value to the consumer in the best packaging types and styles available. In addition to the best products, we strive to always provide the best service and support for its customers regardless of size or type.
Please fill out an application in person at D & D Commodities in Stephen, MN, online or call 218-478-3308 and request that an application be sent to you.
D & D Commodities
Stephen, MN 56757
Your application will be reviewed by Human Resources. Applicants who possess both the minimum requirements and preferred qualifications (if applicable) will receive priority consideration. If you are selected for an interview, the Human Resources Manager will contact you directly by phone or email. Due to the high volume of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.