Manufacturing Company Seeks Experienced Forklift Operator for Noon – 9:00 pm Shift
This position is for a Forklift Operator for a national company located in Stephen, MN.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Load, unload, ship, and receive warehouse items.
- Optimize load to ensure operational efficiency.
- Secure loads to machine before transportation.
- Transport materials to different locations within the facility.
- Organize and secure materials, such as boxes, bales, pallets, and super stacks in a safe way.
- Shrink wrap pallets to prepare them for shipping.
- Weigh products and/or loads and record weight.
- Inspect for damage to vehicles, identify necessary maintenance and repairs.
- Report any faulty equipment, damage to racks, or other potential safety hazards.
- Maintain equipment by cleaning, oiling, recharging, refueling, etc.
- Become certified and attend certification refresher courses.
- Analyze production schedules to determine movement, deliveries, and material requirements.
- Consult and coordinate with manager, employees, other departments, and equipment manufacturers regarding loading and unloading operations.
- Rotate stock so oldest products are first picked.
- Be alert of other employees in the work zone.
- Report quality variances to the proper channels.
- Use radio frequency equipment as needed for picking, put-away, receiving, and load functions.
- Comply with OSHA Standards.
- Keep area clean, safe, and up to code.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds; ability to sit, stand and /or walk for up to 3 hours at a time in a 8-hour day; ability to frequently grasp, push, pull, bend and climb.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to provide a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of the position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Meets productivity standards.
- Observes safety and security procedures.
- Meets attendance requirements and is on time.
Individuals with some of the experience and/or knowledge can be trained on the job to perform each essential duty successfully. In-house forklift certification is earned on the job.
Minimum Requirements for Forklift Operator:
- High school diploma or GED required or equivalent skills and experience.
- Valid forklift certificate or ability to be trained and certified on site.
- Proficiency operating technical machinery and scanners.
- Attention to detail.
- Previous experience preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, product irritants, airborne particles, and outdoor weather conditions. The employee is required to occasionally work in high places and confined spaces.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Work Schedule and Compensation:
Schedule is usually Monday through Friday, Noon to 9:00 p.m. with some occasional overtime possibilities.
Starting wage is $16.00/hour, depending on skills and experience.
The company offers group health insurance (premium mostly paid for by the employer), company-paid short/long term disability insurance, $50,000 in company-paid life insurance, elective dental, accident, cancer insurance and a 401k plan retirement plan. There is a PTO accrual program in place and 6 paid holidays/year.
About the Company:
D & D Commodities Ltd. is a national company that manufactures the finest premium nutritional products for caged birds, small animals, wild birds, and wildlife. We provide optimum nutrition for all types of pets at prices that offer value to the consumer in the best packaging types and styles available. In addition to the best products, we strive to always provide the best service and support for its customers regardless of size or type.
Please fill out an application in person at D & D Commodities in Stephen, MN, online or call 218-478-3308 and request that an application be sent to you.
D & D Commodities
Stephen, MN 56757
Your application will be reviewed by Human Resources. Applicants who possess both the minimum requirements and preferred qualifications (if applicable) will receive priority consideration. If you are selected for an interview, the Human Resources Manager will contact you directly by phone or email. Due to the high volume of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.